Monday, 28 December 2015

iD Magazine articel by Stuart Brumfitt


“be yourself; everyone else is already taken”: daniel lismore in a new exhibition

One of London’s most unique and stylish dressers is honoured in a new show at the SCAD FASH museum from January.


"London's Most Outrageous Dresser" (according to Vogue) is to be the subject of a style retrospective at SCAD FASH (the Savannah College of Art and Design's museum of fashion in Atlanta) from January to April. i-D family member Daniel started out modelling for the likes of Mario Testino, Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott and Ellen von Unwerth, then gradually emerged as one of London's most inventive dressers at early noughties club nights like Boombox. Since then, his style has evolved and his talents have spread into art, styling and designing, with collaborations with rapper Azealia Banks, an appearance in a George Michael video and a future role in the Absolutely Fabulous movie in the mix. All of this will be up for evaluation in "Be Yourself; Everyone Else Is Already Taken", Daniel's first solo museum show in the United States, and an exhibition curated by Rafael Gomes. Check out hundreds of his items (plus 30 ensembles styled by Daniel himself) from his dramatic and eclectic wardrobe, which moves from haute couture to charity shop and from vintage fabrics to plastic trinkets.
The exhibition runs from 22nd January to 1st April at SCAD FASH 


View the full article here


 

3 comments:

Ginger James said...

Hi Daniel, I'm Ginger James, I'm painting the men of the 21st century. I'd like to paint you, In Gustav Klimt style with lots of gold and metallic. You can see my paintings at Ginger James Studio on Facebook. I can't pay you, but you would get a high def photo of the painting that you could make into prints, etc. It would be a big painting. We could do it all by email, you send a pic, I send you progress and final pics. You are a stunning artist I love your work, and would love to put you in my harem...When you go to my studio page, go to the albums, to see the work. I have a section of Drag Queens, they are, after all, "Men of the 21st Century", along with buff male models and men in tuxedos. Thanks! Ginger James
see; Gustav Klimt- Portrait of Frederika Maria Beer= as a reference

Madiha Khan said...

Hair and Makeup Artist
Asian Makeup Artist
Indian Makeup Artist
Indian Bridal Makeup Artist
Indian Wedding Makeup Artist
Indian Hair and Makeup Artist
Makeup Artist for Indian Weddings
Pakistani Makeup Artist
Asian Bride Makeup Artist
Best Indian Makeup Artist

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com