From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Daniel Lismore is a London-based fashion designer and stylist whose work has received international recognition. His self-modelled outfits became well-known on London's club scene for their decorative excess, often involving baubles, maasai tribal masks, chain mail and a hijab.He has been described as "England's most outrageous dresser" by Vogue, and is currently creative director of Sorapol, a boutique atelier whose outfits have been worn by Nicki Minaj and Rita Ora.
Born 24th December 1984 in Bournemouth, England, he was brought up in the village of Fillongley, on the border of Coventry.
He studied photography and fashion design before moving to London aged 17, where he became a model, and was shot by some of the world's leading photographers including Mario Testino and Ellen von Unwerth.
In 2016 his work received its first major retrospective at Savannah College of Art and Design museum of fashion and film, entitled "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken". A forthcoming exhibition catalogue published by Skira Rizzoli will constitute the first monograph of his work.
- Guardian Article: the ten biggest show-offs. Retrieved 15 November 2016. https://www.theguardian.com/culture/gallery/2011/nov/13/the-ten-biggest-show-offs
- World of Wonder article. Retrieved 15 November 2016. http://worldofwonder.net/tonight-daniel-lismore-englands-most-eccentric-dresser-shows-off-his-wardrobe-at-a-new-exhibit-in-atlanta/
- Vogue review of Exhbition at SCADFASH. Retrieved 15 November 2016. http://www.vogue.com/13389629/daniel-lismore-be-yourself-fashion-exhibit-scad-atlanta/
- Daniel Lismore profile in ID Magazine. Retrieved 15 November 2016. https://i-d.vice.com/en_gb/article/be-yourself-everyone-else-is-already-taken-daniel-lismore-in-a-new-exhibition
- Daily Mail feature on H & M campaign. Retrieved 15 November 2016. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3243880/Diverse-new-H-M-ad-featuring-plus-size-model-Tess-Holliday-singer-Iggy-Pop-promotes-individuality-urges-people-recycle-clothing.html
- SCADFASH Exhibition Archive http://www.scadfash.org/exhibitions/daniel-lismore
- Danel Lismore Retrospective ranked among the 16 most significant global fashion exhibitions of 2016. Retrieved 15 November 2016. https://www.wgsn.com/blogs/16-global-fashion-exhibitions-happening-in-2016/
- Tate Press Release. Retrieved 15 November 2016. http://www.tate.org.uk/about/press-office/press-releases/circuit-announces-new-ambassador-daniel-lismore-festivals-firstsite-mostyn